Thursday, July 29, 2010

so check this....

WHOO!!! last week was great me and my comp started to go running with our investigator!!! he has some problems with sleeping at night so i came up with the idea to run with him in the mornings. so we wake up at 6:15 in the morning and run to his house then he runs around like 5 blocks with us then we come back and we go home to get ready for the day. we run every other day. and he says he is sleeping better at night now!!! ya! his baptism date is marked for the 22 of august! the missionaries have been teaching him for a while i have heard! . so ya last sunday me and my comp baptised our investigator/newly member... Sueli, she is wonderful but the water was cold cuz me and my comp almost forgot to fill the baptisamal font :). but it went well.


 the USB on the computer doesnt work so i cant send you guys pics!! i got a new shirt this week from Sueli´s son. hes a skater and has been getting like 2nd and 3rd in some competitions and gave me a shirt!! its tight.


 so ya this next sunday we have another baptism lined up . its a girl named Renata. shes 19 and shes readier than can be!! we did her interview yesterday and she passed and is excited. she chose me to do the baptism so ill send you guys that pic next P-day too!!. 
so check this.... Last night me and my comp are walking to our last appointment that we marked close to our house but like when we were going home there was this car with a bunch of dudes in it that like acted like they were ganna hit me so they like swerved into me right and i jump back and hes like ya watch out pretty boy!! and they all laugh and i just about like pee´d my pants ya know so me and my comp continue and then theres like 3 guys outside of a bar and theyre looking at us with that like " im ganna rob you look" and im like no man! and my comp sensed it too and was like "hey, lets cross the street and im like ya" so we cross the street and start walking fast! then i pass another street and i see that car that tried to hit me and im like oh crap!!! so were walking faster and me and my comp are feeling horrible... like knowing something really bad was ganna happen so im like praying in my head!!. NO NO NO!! please dont let them rob me and we just keep walking keep walking and we get to the corner which has a baptist church on it.. so i start thinking ok im ganna turn around and if there coming im just ganna go into the church. but i turned around and they were like walking back... WHOA! it was pretty scary!! the streets are dark here but im alright.!! but the work here is going really well. and wow my 1 year and 6 month mark is comming up! nuts huh! but ya so that was my week. its going great here. and wow thats crazy that nathans home and did his homecomming talk and all! too bad he doesnt email me anymore :( . but ya. well i got to go cuz im hungry!!! lol. tchau tchau.
Elder Arroyo oh ya and im learning Capuera! its a brazilian fight!! my comp is nuts at it!! 



Love,
************************************************
   Elder Arroyo



*eight minutes later*
USB works!!! heres some pics!


 oh ya and i forgot to tell you guys that sunday night i got bit by some weird insect! i didnt see the bug!  but when i got to my investigators house i looked at my leg and there was 2 fang marks.


 it must have happened on the street. but theres a ton of brown recluses here so you have to take this type of thing seriously!  so my investigator was like  no you got to go to the health clinic down the road so i went there and i waited  and waited then the doctor started to talk to me and said that she had to treat it like if it was a brown recluse so im taking medicine for 5 days. it was nuts!!! but im doing well health is good


 Love,
************************************************
   Elder Arroyo

No comments: